Sunday, February 05, 2012

In Passing

I wonder what happens after we die.  Are we reincarnated into some other life, do we live on in spirit in some afterworld or do we simply feed the worms?  I am comforted by the thought of some afterlife and find the prospect of ultimate nothingness very discomforting.  What if we don't meet with our departed loved ones when we die, if we do not continue, if we will not be waiting there for the loved ones who come after us, what then?

I have been very afraid lately that there is nothing afterwards.  I hope I'm wrong.

But there is really only one way to find out, isn't there?

1 comment:

nyssa said...

There has to be more. We don't use our gifts as much as we could during this lifetime and they are given for a reason, imho ;).. to think we're given gifts and then we turn into worm food sort of doesn't make sense to me.. but then again.. very little makes sense to me LOL xox